Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. Orion Integration Report

There needs to be a simple way for us to see which contacts have been linked to the Orion Integration. The only way currently is to go to the client, click on integrations and see what pops up. Some sort of report or field for each contact would be helpful to audit the integration.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BCC email archive for client email history

Redtail should capture emails sent 'BCC' from Outlook in the client email history. Currently, it only captures for the archive if it is sent in the 'To' box. But to protect client emails we use the BCC feature. We have migrated to sending blast emails this way because of the lack of functionality in the Broadcast Emails.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add time stamped notes inside the workflow

I would like the ability to add time stamped notes to workflows. We often have tasks that take several try's to complete such as a phone calls to a client to get answers to questions. I would like to be able to see the noted attempts of calls to the clients with a date and time inside the workflow step or task.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change "Servicing Advisor" and "Writing Advisor" fields under contact details.

Please make the "Servicing Advisor" and "Writing Advisor" fields in the contact details more generic and add additional fields. For example:
    "Advisor 1"
    "Advisor 2"
    "Advisor 3"
    A third option would be great, the ability to rename these fields would be even better.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dates on Open Activities list on client dashboard

On the client dashboard could you please list the date for that weeks activities. Once it gets to the current week it only states that day of the week. But when I am trying to confirm appointments and am in the clients account I have to open the activity to verify the date. I would be nice if the actual date is listed for all activities, even the activities that take place on the current week.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Husband & Wife as One

Many of my married clients share everything, some even only have one email that they share. What is difficult currently with RedTail is that everything is recorded separately. So notes, emails, documents, reminders, etc. are only connected to one of the two contacts. It would be extremely helpful if we had an option to link the two so that everything that I see in one contact (notes, emails, documents, reminders, etc.) will also show on the other. So no matter which of the two spouses that I open, I will be able to see everything.

It would also be nice…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow recurring events to SKIP over NYSE and national holidays - show holidays

1. Put NYSE (market holidays) and U.S. observed holidays on calendar
    2. Allow recurring events to SKIP over NYSE and national holidays and pick the next working day.
    3. Allow for a warning if an appointment or other is scheduled on a holiday
    33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automation Triigger for Closed Accounts

When an existing account is closed, we have certain things that we need to do--particularly if a client is closing all accounts with us. It would be convenient if we had more automation options, including one that would trigger when an account was closed so that we could update our records and our file systems.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Employer Switch to Former Employer

Currently, employer is automatically added to Memberships when added to Basic Info. When the employer is removed from Basic Info, the Membership is also removed.

The Membership should remain, but the relationship should change to Former Employer and Former Employee.

It makes sense to keep a record of this information without manually entering the information after the fact.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Memberships  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "Start Date" and "Date Previous Step Completed" as Step Due Anchors

I think it would be useful to add the workflow start date as well as when the previous step was completed as reference points for when steps are due. This would add flexibility to anchor when a step is due to days from the start date of the workflow, or from when the previous step was completed. Some steps are better anchored to start date, while others are better anchored to target date.

Many times, steps take longer than anticipated, and the existing workflow structure is not accommodating to this. Additionally, only having "target date" as an anchor for when…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More automation triggers

Allow an automation to be made for a Husband/Wife simultaneously, not just one or the other.
    Allow an automation to open a workflow for all linked contacts (Husband/Wife, not just one or the other.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. trusted contact

I know others have suggested/requested adding a Trusted Contact field. Let me share how this would make my life easier:

We use LaserApp to complete our forms for TD Ameritrade. I have to then go back and add the Trusted Contact information to each application manually. This takes time and allows room for error.

I know you don't just "snap your fingers" and have it done, but I hope this request is at the top of the wish list. Thank you for all you do to help us manage so much data. Your work is appreciated.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Family names

It would help improve efficiency to be able to tag a family name in an activity, note, or opportunity. Currently you must tag each individual involved. For example John Doe has to be tagged and so would Jane Doe. If we were able to select "Doe, John & Jane" from a family name category information could post on both client cards and save time in searching for the spouses name.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When adding a note to a client, it would be helpful if there was a prompt to link the note to their spouse.

I often forget to link a spouse to a note. For example; I send an email to a couple, and add it as a note in RedTail. Then, a few days later I might be in the spouses' account, and not see the note about the email I had just sent them. I don't always want to have notes in both spouses accounts, but it would be helpful if I was prompted to save it to the spouse when saving the original note.

Additionally, it helps other users going into the accounts to be able to see the notes in…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Workflow Task Notes

We are currently having issues accessing the notes documented within the description box of workflow tasks. If task notes are are captured in the step notes box it can quickly become a jumbled mess. For example, we have a workflow with 2 steps and within those 2 steps are about 5 tasks all assigned to different people. Are the notes for all 5 of the different tasks assigned to different people supposed to be jumbled in a no particular order within the step notes box. So instead of seeing the notes for the specific task, we would have to go…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Activities - Show On Main Page Past Due And Today's Activities

Activities - Show On Main Page Past Due And Today's Activities. I do not only want to see today's activities, I want to also see the past due activities that people have snuck into my activities list that I don't know to check for.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Office 365 links to documents

It would be great for the linked documents section to have a prompt for Office365 or general weblinks. When you post a document into Redtail it becomes static. Posting a link would share the "living document" that we can then access repeatedly on recurring tasks or complex projects requiring more users.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please change back the calendar view to include contacts names intead of just saying 2 contacts

on the calendar view each activity used to show the contacts names instead of just the word 2 contacts. Please go back to the way it was. Now you have to take an extra step and hover over each to see which one belongs to which client.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We would like to be able to customize the columns on opportunity reports (add/delete)

Currently, the in place columns are not customization and only include a portion of the identifiers. We would like to be able to customize these columns to show additional identifier (ex. Projected Revenue, etc..)

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Collapse Workflow Steps

When building workflows, it would be really great if we could "collapse" the step to hide the underlying tasks. Our workflows have a lot of tasks with long descriptions and it is easy to get lost when building a workflow.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?