Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. automate activities based by Client Status

Automate activities based by client status

For example: I want to reachout to all A clients quarterly, all B clients semi-quarterly, etc. But each time i change a client's status, I don't want to manually update all the activities.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Expand Conditions for Automating Permissions / Roles

Currently, you can automate Permissions when a contact is added for users and teams.
    Now that Roles can also be also be assigned during the contact creation process, this should also be an Automation Condition option.
    For example, when a new Prospect is entered in the system, if a user forgets to assign the Permissions / Roles, then they can be automatically assigned based on the Servicing/Writing advisor conditions.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. dont delete activity when multiple users are in same activity

I am baffled that I was told this is not a glitch. But, when two users are updating one task simultaneously, one of them will simply be ignored, and none of their new data will be captured in the task. they will have no idea the task was not updated unless they quality control every item and spend an hour each day making sure redtail did capture what redtail was supposed to capture. see ticket 992803 for background if you want

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. List Management: Bulk Delete

It would be very helpful to have bulk actions when managing lists. We are revamping how we do client status, category and source, and having to delete each individual status, category or source is not only tedious but taking an extraordinary amount of time. It would be awesome if we could simply select the ones we want to delete and delete them in a bulk action.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Workflow created from note

Being able to automate a workflow creation when adding a note would be great. I am trying to create an automation that will not take any additional time to set up, but allow us to make sure nothing "falls through the cracks". It would great to add a note (with a specific category) that would create a work flow. Say we receive new account paperwork from a client. It would be nice to add a note on the client page that says "Received new account paperwork in the mail", and when that note is created, it automatically starts a workflow…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. risk tolerance

In the section to list what risk tolerance a client has it only shows three options. It would be nice if we could customize the list to match what our tolerance shows for our business. If there is a way to add this section to the update list section so that we can add in our own options it would really help with how we use this function.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add the ability to create folders in the document tab of a contact.

make document tab more efficient by having the ability to add folders to hold things like estate documents, financial planning documents, current reviews, eetc.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. EMAIL archive needs to be in real time to serve sales team not just service team

the email history needs to be in real time rather than 24 hour delay.... a delay like this is fine if you have already earned the account, just coasting, where my customer service person or myself might be leisurely floating though the accounts seeing who we can bless today but in a firefight, with another firm, trying to earn the account, the sales team needs to know closer to real time what was said and by who in email. Notes are in real time and no one questions why thats important so seriously, lets get this email archive current so…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Combined Email History and Note Report for Household

We would like to be able to export a report that shows all notes and email history for a household. That way when an advisor is ready to go into a meeting he could glance at a report that shows all client communication for the last year (all notes and emails for the household). Right now this is 4 separate reports - notes for both spouses and email history for both spouses.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic Spouse Contact Record Should Inherit Permissions

An automation exists to permission new contact records to the associated advisor, so other advisors cannot see that advisor's contacts. This is a compliance requirement and Redtail has this functionality. However, When a spouse record is created automatically from a contact, it does not get the permissions that are assigned to the associated Contact - even though is has the same information as the contact that the automation uses to assign permissons.
    This is causing a compliance issue as the spouse record can be seen by other advisors. Can you please 'enhance' the system to apply the same permissions to…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. RE: Next Review Date. Please enable us to put a future date not based on any previous review date and put it back to the way it used to be.

Regarding the “Next Review Date” on a Client Review Reminder. They changed the format recently and you are no longer able to randomly choose to add a future date if it doesn’t coincide with the previous “First Review Date” which many times it does not. Please enable us to be able to put a future date in not based on any previous review date and put it back to the way it used to be so we can just go into the drop down calendar and set it for whatever future date that we choose

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save all emails as notes

Currently, we can manually choose to save the emails we send through the CRM or set up the templates to automatically check the box to save. Can we look at adding a preference where every single email we send through the CRM automatically has the "Save As Note" box checked? Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. From app add more than 1 contact to a note

Very frequently notes would apply to multiple contacts most commonly spouses. The desktop version handles this just fine, but from the app it is impossible to have more than 1 contact linked to the note. for now that means I make the note then go to the note and copy and paste to the spouse.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please give us more recurring scheduling options

I can set an activity to repeat on the first Monday (etc) of the month, but I cannot set it for the first (etc) day of the month. Very frustrating options, I go in circles frequently trying to decide how to set recurring activities to accomplish what I need to. Often I have to chose something that is less than perfect, knowing that each month when it comes up I will have to manually adjust it to be what I need, and hope I don't miss it before that happens.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add client name to subject line in email notification

It would be nice to have an option of putting a client name in email notification that a note has been added. It would be a great reference feature for now and in the future if we needed to pull up the notification by name through the email subject line

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Link documents to workflows

The ability to link documents to a workflow step or task that doesn't have an URL.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Family/Membership Custom Option

Currently the system only gives an option to add dependents. Dependents would be classified as people living in the home. There needs to be an option for people linked to them to show up on this page as well. Currently our beneficiaries have their own profiles and we have to for into memberships to find out their connection. Maybe a customizable family section where one could create their own connection the the contact it is being added too. This would be a HUGE benefit to me. Thank you for considering this!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alert/warning pop up when clicking on client profile, if "caution" is needed

Clients who have big life events/fraud should be handled with care. Some team members may not have the time to "Dig" for a note they don't know is there and may cause more problems.
    There should be a feature where a pop up box needs to be read/addressed when entering a client profile so the employee can "use caution" when needed.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the beneficiary report be customizable

Let us build our own beneficiary report. I.E. show account balance or do not show account balance. Show account number, or show partial account number. Show closed accounts or do not show closed accounts.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View full contact name in mobile app

I would like to be able to view the entire contact record when using the mobile app. Many of our contacts go by their middle name or a nickname and we need to be able to see all the information in the app, not just first and last name.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?