Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. Opportunity Tracker: Bulk Actions

It would be a great feature to be able to select multiple opportunities via a checkbox next to the open opportunity and then select a Bulk Action after you've selected. Imagine having 21 open opportunities that are all named "schedule appointment". You could select all 21 and select a bulk action email report. Or at least open the feature to select multiple opportunities and then be able to "send to search". Then from the search report be able to select the contact records you'd like in your Bulk Action. I think this feature for opportunities would be a fantastic idea.…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Workflow email notification when current step due.

In notification preferences, add an option to receive an email notification when a Workflow task is due & uncompleted.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Risk tolerance options in Redtail Tailwag

Currently there are three risk tolerances in Redtail CRM and we do not have the ability to modify them. Within TFA and our practice we use five. It would be great if you could add low-moderate and moderate-high. What is there now does not accurately reflect our clients needs and does not filter into LasarApp the way it needs to be.

153 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Membership

Allow me to add a membership the way I would add a spouse under a family-if the contact doesn't already exist, allow me to create it from that drop down. Currently, if the contact does not exist, I need to leave the page, go create a contact and then add it to membership. There are SO many steps-please work to alleviate steps in all processes.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customize Personal Profile Form

The personal profile form is a way to quickly gather information on a client or prospect before a meeting. It would be great if this was customizable. Half of the info I don't care about there are many things missing that would be great to have on the sheet.

465 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Workflow Flow Chart

It would be nice to have a visual tree that shows all of the possible tasks and outcomes that may occur in one graphical tree when creating new workflows.

The issue I run into is making sure that I have added all of the possible outcomes when creating a new workflow

I would like to see the outcome as the same as what is on page 60 and 61 in the 2015 Redtail University Workbook.

346 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Non-Qualified

Please add a check box for Non-Qualified and a tag that says Non-Qualified. That way when I'm looking at an account, I don't have to double check that I missed the Tax Qualified box. Also, it would be good for pulling reports.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Redtail has read this suggestion and there is some internal discussion needed in order to determine next steps. This suggestion is remaining open and can continue to gather votes and comments!

8. birthday reminder

It would be nice to turn off the enable birthday reminders system-wide so only those clients you definitely want to wish happy birthday can be reminded. As of now you can bulk remove, but all new contacts added are automatically checked. It would also be nice to have an automation template that would email a certain person/team a day or two before a birthday call was required. So, "if enable birthday reminder is checked" then "email user/team".

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit/customize account information fields within an account type

Right now the fields within different account types are set, and not always pertaining to applicable features within certain registrations/ investments. Would be nice if the administrator could add/ edit/ remove account specs from the within a specific account type to match what our office would like to see when viewing certain types of accounts in Redtail. For example: just on the account type Variable Annuity, we want a death benefit option to be a list of riders we frequently use or Return of Principal, but it only gives us the options of Level, Increasing, Automatic or Decreasing which only…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sorting of "Activities"

Sorting of "Activities". I sort my activities, first by date (descending), then by assigned number (ascending), then by "!" (importance). This should give me today's "important", #1 tasks at the top of the list.

Tailwag appears to only sort by one column, and has to be resorted EVERY TIME THE SCREEN IS REFRESHED.

Please add the ability to choose sort parameters that stay in effect until I change them.

This is a HUGE issue for me.

188 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notification when ID expires

Since we put in the expiration dates of client's IDs, a notification of each expiration (e.g. 30 days prior) would be appreciated. This way we could update it the next time we communicate with the client.

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add search feature to Beneficiary

Beneficiary information needs to become a searchable field along with the auto population of DOB and SS#. This would save time when updating forms and reviewing beneficiaries.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add "Non-Qualified" and "Non-Qualified Joint" to the drop down menu, for when tax qual. box is NOT checked.

The drop down menu is active even when the "tax qualified" box is not checked. It therefore should include options for "Non-Qualified" and "Non-Qualified Joint." We should not have the sole options of using "other," or simply leaving this field blank.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customize Opportunity "Type"

Looking to customize the Opportunity "Type." Currently "New Business" and "Existing Business" are the only options. We would love to have the ability to customize the Opportunity "Type" just like we are able to customize the Opportunity "Stage."

347 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Edit 'Outcomes' in Workflows tool

I've found that once you create an Outcome in the Workflow template, it can only be deleted, not edited. It would be helpful for this to be corrected.

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign Activity to Team

I would like to be able to assign an activity to a team, instead of only being able to assign activities to users.

This works well for reassigning tasks and roles while individuals are out or unavailable.

For instance Joe Smith (JS) handles all of our client paperwork. Jane Doe (JD) is the paraplanner in the office. I have created a team: "Client Service - JS". Joe Smith is currently the only member of that team. I would like to be able to assign activities (like processing client paperwork) to Client Service - JS. If Joe Smith decides to leave…

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. make the advanced search options editable like they used to be

We used to be able to edit the fields (like backspace or type in) in the advanced search. For example, contact category.
    We could use the operand "begins with" and type "client" since our categories are (client - A, client - B, etc.) and it would pull all clients.

Now we have to do a separate search for each category (4) just to pull a list of our clients.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Offer a check box or option for "Per Stirpes" in the beneficiary box under the accounts.

Allow acknowledgement of a "per stirpes" designation for each beneficiary. Then if that box is checked have an additional area pop up that will allow to put the per stirpes recipients names if they are known.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automations: Make the Know your Client Review Date a Trigger Event

The Last/Next Review Date fields in the Know Your Client section is something our practice uses to help schedule the next review date for each client, rather than creating an activity for it, to help minimize the data footprint of each contact record (because there is enough "clutter" on record). If there were a way to make either of these fields, or both, a trigger event for an automation template(i.e. linking a Review Meeting workflow)...I believe it would enhance the Redtail experience.

768 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base