Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. Make the relatioships across contacts ("memberships") easier to spot in main contact screen.

We have to drill down into the contact to be able to get to the "membership" feature. Unless I specifically know to dig into the membership record for a particular contact, there is no way of knowing if there is a relationship anywhere…for example, is there a power or attorney, or an adult child who is a beneficiary? It would be helpful to see Redtail making these less hidden, especially for the sake of new staff who are not familiar with the clientele—it would facilitate spotting the relationships if it was more visible in the client contact card or details,…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Memberships  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Activity report based on date activity was created

We would like to create an activity report based on the date the activity was created as opposed to the date of the actual activity. We would like to use this report in order to double check all the activities that were created each day and be able to look at a daily report of all activities added.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. License Type Database List

The license type database list is incomplete. While adding licenses for advisors, I was unable to add Series 1, Series 22, Series 31, and Series 53. I submitted a ticket to support technology but I was told that this feature is unavailable, and they suggested that I post it as a suggestion.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Entering and updating Seminar/Event Attendees

1. "Attendees" should be "Invites" or Guests", as "Attendees" implies they are attending.

2. When entering Attendee information, please add the option to add guests in same box we are entering "Attendee". (Thereby avoiding the need to enter the Attendee, save it, then scroll through to find them in the list to then add Guests. (this is silly)

3. Also, and very important, PLEASE fix the count so that we can see # of confirmations (attending); # of guests; and # of declines. Currently, the count of "Attendees" is every single response which serves no purpose at all.

Thank you.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Seminar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email Notification (Activity Assigned)

I like receiving team notification emails, however when I received activity that is not assigned to me the email reads "You have been assigned a new activity". Please bring back the email notifications the way they were in the OLD REDTAIL CRM. For instance, the person who created the activity/note name is in the FROM, and the Subject reads, "New Activity Team Notification" (not assigned to me) or "New Activity Assigned To You (assigned to me). This is also true for workflows. With the email notifications in the Old CRM I was able to create a email rule where all…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Advanced Search always available

Advanced Search should be available anytime the search bar is available, just to the right of the bar. Currently, on pages where only the search bar is available, I have to 'search' a blank search field, then click Advanced Search when it appears. There's space for an Advanced Search link out to the right of the search bar.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need bulk Beneficiary Excel report-Please work on this report for us. trying to clean up our clients' beneficiary data.need the report

work on this report for us. trying to clean up our clients' beneficiary data.need the report in order to do this efficiently. We need to capture beneficiary data for clients' accounts to reach out to the missing ones and get the info.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Run a Notes report with select notes only

Often time we come across a situation where there are a few notes spread over a few months for a client that would be great to condense into one single report to outline the process.

'd love to see the ability to 'check' which notes to include in a report so we can print of a string of notes pertinent to each other and remove the extraneous notes for ease of viewing the progression of a task.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve contact search.

When I search for a client using first and last name, it won't show results if the contact card has a middle initial and i didn't type that in.

For example, if the contact card says, "John Q. Smith" and I search for "John Smith" no results come up.

Can we also have it show suggestions/similar names? If I don't know how to spell a name and am only off by one letter, can it suggest names like Google does?

Ex: If I search for Smoth, could it say, "showing results for "Smith" instead."

Some people have terrible names that…

103 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add ability to search email *content,* not just subject lines

Redtail archives all of our firm's email communications with clients, but it does not make that information searchable (beyond the Subject line, which is not very useful). While I can search my own emails within my email client, I cannot effectively search for other users' communications.

EXAMPLE: If I need to know if Client A was sent document Z by anyone in our firm, I'd have to ask each user to search their own email client and/or manually review every single email archived in Redtail.

Redtail should also make the message content (including attachments... or at least attachment file names)…

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dates on Open Activities list on client dashboard

On the client dashboard could you please list the date for that weeks activities. Once it gets to the current week it only states that day of the week. But when I am trying to confirm appointments and am in the clients account I have to open the activity to verify the date. I would be nice if the actual date is listed for all activities, even the activities that take place on the current week.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to link 2 contacts at once to an activity, task, etc...

When I want to link a husband and wife to an activity or task, I have to go through the "link a contact" process twice. It would be nice if I could search their last name and just click on both of their names at the same time.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize Personal Profile Form

The personal profile form is a way to quickly gather information on a client or prospect before a meeting. It would be great if this was customizable. Half of the info I don't care about there are many things missing that would be great to have on the sheet.

465 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Accounts should show the Title: Eg. John Paul and Sue Johns Joint TOD

Accounts should show the Title: Eg. John Paul and Sue Johns Joint TOD so that each account that pulls from your feed wether its DST Vision or Albridge Solutions etc that it will show who the owner is and how it is titled, along with another with this all showing on the Reports. Right now we pull up RT or a Report of accounts and there is no ownership designation so could be an IRA or NQ or Joint we wouldn't know... Please have this viewable in RT and on the reports.

242 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need a spot to add beneficiary info without creating beneficiary as a contact.

I want to add client beneficiary information without having the beneficiary as a contact in the CRM. Include a section in "Know Your Client" to add beneficiary name, DOB, SS#, address, etc.

205 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set up an automation so that that a message is automatically sent to clients on their birthday and on their anniversary

send out an automatic birthday wish to each client on their birthday? I would like it to go automatically to the client on their birthday

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a wedding anniversary report - similar to the Birthday Report except for Wedding anniversary

I want to start sending nnivesary cards. A report like birthday report that shows anniversary date instead of birthday would be helpful. Make a quick list of all people with anniversairy in month of May, June, etc., and click anniversary report instead of having to create a custom report.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When creating new activity, give users the option to make the "more details page" the default.

Currently, there are lots of suggestions for fixing the abbreviated activities dialogue box. Many users are unhappy with the multi-step process for assigning activities to other users, adding notes, etc. It's very inefficient and lots of users prefer the Leapfrog approach to adding activities - one dialogue box with all the details on one page. It was very efficient.

Maybe the best solution to making the process more efficient in Tailwag is to bypass the abbreviated dialogue box. There are two options.

1. Get rid of the abbreviated dialogue box Altogether. When the user clicks add activity, Tailwag goes directly to…

771 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding custom labels into custom export

When running a custom export, the email custom labels do not pull through. They only pull through when using the standard email addresses export - and then you cannot add any other information to the standard export ie. mailing addresses, advisors, etc.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 30 votes
    Vote