Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3299 results found

1. Ability to see past due workflow tasks on "Workflow tasks to do today" but in red

Right now when a teammate completes a workflow task that is past it's set due date, the next person in the workflow is not alerted that it has been completed and it shows up as past due. Unless I check "Past Due" workflows every day, it is very easy for things to get missed. This is a HUGE problem and could lead to massive errors. I propose that the next step in a completed workflow that is "Past Due" either have a reminder with it or show up in red on the "Workflow tasks to do today." Thank you!

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a 'Contact Category Change' Trigger Event for Automations

Just like the title states, adding a trigger event for Category changes would be incredible. Additionally, in the long run, being able to have unique trigger events, that are inputed by the user.

194 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make it possible again to view the entire contents of ALL of the notes, not just the older ones. This is very problematic for us.

With the change to the notes, we have had top copy and print them to be able to follow a thread of conversation. It is very time-consuming and counter productive.

194 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. History of Client Reviews

Can we have a system that tracks the history of Client Reviews? Currently we have the option to input the first review, but I don't see how we can track what has been completed. Some clients will not meet exactly within a year (six months, quarterly, etc.) of the first meeting. It would be nice to enter in the reviews and then have the countdown to the next review begin based on the last completed review.

190 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Documents

I have uploaded documents on some but not all of my clients. It would be nice to see an indicator that there are uploaded documents next to the document tab to remind me to look there. Maybe even a number matching the number of uploaded documents. ie: Three uploaded documents, the number 3 in red would show up next to the document tab

189 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to have an individual be a member of more than one family group.

We have multi-generational clients who are head of households as well as beneficiaries of their parent AND aunts/uncles.

189 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Searching Departments in Business Records

Names listed in the department section of a business record does not always warrant a separate record in Redtail. However, sometimes we need to search for that contact. Please extend the search capabilities to include departments within business records without having to enter a separate record in Redtail.

182 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sorting of "Activities"

Sorting of "Activities". I sort my activities, first by date (descending), then by assigned number (ascending), then by "!" (importance). This should give me today's "important", #1 tasks at the top of the list.

Tailwag appears to only sort by one column, and has to be resorted EVERY TIME THE SCREEN IS REFRESHED.

Please add the ability to choose sort parameters that stay in effect until I change them.

This is a HUGE issue for me.

182 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add roles to the main page for a contact

Instead of having the redundant "Servicing and "Writing" advisor on the main page under contact details, put the Roles in these spots. Because the roles are associated with workflows, It is important to have them in an easy to see place instead of on a random page that is easily forgettable.

177 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tracking maiden names and name changes.

A long-time client gets married, you make the changes in Redtail, but you know them by their previous name. It would be helpful to have a way to pull them by their maiden names, without having to hyphenate it for the sake of being able to pull it. A way to link a maiden name, that is no longer a legal name, to the new married name.

174 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a "private" workflow area that is not visible to the whole staff, just visible to the user.

Please add a "private" workflow area that is not visible to the whole staff, just visible to the user.

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto Populate - Give us a link we can send a new contact to input their OWN data into RT. Right now, we send aform to them to fill out con

Give us a link we can send a new contact to input their OWN data into RT. Right now, we send aform to them to fill out contact info - they manually type it out and send it back to us. Then we manually input it into RT. Why not just do the inputs once and have them populate their own profile. It's 2023, this should be easy to do.

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Trusted Contact

Under the contact record, can we please add fields for "Trusted Contacts"? We need to record the name, address, phone, and email of Trusted Contacts in a way that is easy to find. We are currently adding it to the "Important Information", but having a specific field in the contact info would be more helpful. It would also be nice if there was a checkbox somewhere that you could click if Trusted Contact is "declined", as this is something required going forward.

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restore full note view to inlude the full note, start date and complete date.

Restore full note view to inlude the full note, start date and complete date instead of us having to click the three dots to view the entire note. This view was removed during a previous update. Rather than removing features that we have come to rely and forcing us to use something that we didn't want changed, just add a view option so we can choose what view we want to have.

174 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export requests need to run in the background

Redtail recently improved the CRM so that linking unlinked accounts kicks off a job that emails you when the linkage is complete. This should be done for any kind of export that normally times out showing the pink unicorn - I.E. trying to export the "contacts permissioned" in one of our databases shows a list 440 pages long which times out every time I attempt to export it. The job should run in the background, email when complete and I should be able to pick it up from the "downloads" section of the CRM.

169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Albridge Feed Missing Company Name and Registration Type

The data feed into Redtail from Albridge does not map the company name that the account is associated with. Additionally, the registration type is not mapped. We have over 45,000 accounts in our Redtail database and adding this information on a per account basis is unrealistic.

169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically fill the state and city based on zip code

Our tax program (Pro Series) allows you to enter the street address then skips to the zip code and automatically fills the state and city based on the zip code you entered. Huge time saver! :)

167 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Workflow Assignments Notifications

I would like to receive email notices for the following workflow items:
    1) Brand New Assignments
    2) Past Due tasks that are not yet completed

167 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Laser App - Head of House info populate for spouse

Currently if I access Laser App under a spouse because it is paperwork for her new account, Laser App will NOT let me select her husband for a beneficiary form or the second of a Joint Ownership. The way it works now, I HAVE to access Laser App under the "FAMILY HEAD" and then keep switching to spouse and back to family head for the different fields I want to populate. It would be very helpful to have the ability to populate with any family member information as needed whether I have accessed Laser App under the Family Head or…

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow customization of "Written Agreement Review" types

Would like to have the ability to edit names of the written agreements and add more types of agreements/reviews.

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base